PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sywell Runway approved at long last!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 21:01
Arrestahook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I very much like yakker would like to know where BB thinks the money is going to come from? The company was in considerable debt from all the facia development of the airfield even before the first application for a hard runway was rejected. I think yakker is quite right £1.7 million sounds conservative to bulid the runway and alter surrounding public roads, and that's saying nothing of adding approach facilities for commercial traffic. Where is the revenue going to come from to service that level of debt? . Its not from the few extra £10 landing fees he would get through the winter or being able to fly his CTs a little more. Even a few citation jets not millions make.
I seem to remember one of his bleatings after another rejection being: 'If we cannot install a hard runway and make the airfield pay (After I have spent all this money) then it is no longer viable as an airfield.'
Would it be worth more for commercial property?
Is this the game plan all along.

I love Sywell aerodrome it is a beautiful and historic airfield and I am glad that a top chap like Jeff is the face of it, but I would like it to stay that way, as an aireld. It could be a magnificent place and Im afraid I have to agree with Bose on this one, it is plagued like a cancer by a thoroughly unpleasant and nasty peice of work..