PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New BA Club Seat
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 19:42
alfamatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A crew members perspective.

As BA crew, I sadly have to agree wholeheartedly with the posts.
I do spend considerable time talking to customers, & it has been very difficult to defend this product. If I was spending my own money flying in this seat, chances are, I would not be happy. LHR delays & baggage problems certainly make it even worse!
From a crew point of view, it is certainly no fun having to constantly reset the video system, & being bawled at by customers, especially when I happen to agree with them!
Looking for the silver lining, well the AVOD video system is being looked at at the very highest level of BA engineering & Rockwell Collins, who designed the heap of sh1t. Reliability is getting better, & will continue to do so, but there is a way to go yet.
The seat has had approx 60 modifications to it (proof that it was an initially poor design, I guess), but wobbly film screens, broken foot-stools etc are largely sorted out. Still some way to go to get it 100%, but hopefully we'll get there soon.
Oh, & a new duty-free "till" system is also in the near future, so buying duty frees on board should also soon become quicker & easier.
Matt.