PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 6th Dec 2007, 19:35
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right this is our fall out.

I have tried to explain the situation to you but you blindly run your mouth off with no understanding of how things actually get done in the real world. You are intent in goading me, well now you have. It still won't change the fact that in my opinion everything that can be done by AOPA at this stage has been.

You started this thread with a view on saving the IMC, why don't you go off and do that and report to us how you did it instead of running your mouth off all the time about how bad a job AOPA have done?

I have told you it is not my place to post documents on a forum and where to go and get them. There is nothing secret about the content, I have told you exactly what is in them, what is the point of copying them word for word into a public forum?

AOPA engaged with the MEMBERSHIP fully and actively, they formed working groups and those working groups sought the input of the membership who were prepared to actually bother to read and understand what was going on.

How do you think I got involved as an AOPA MEMBER??????

You are intent on bashing AOPA blindly and stupidly and are beneath contempt.

Your lack of understanding of bureaucratic process is breathtaking and will be your down fall.

So I will publish my own warning.

AOPA have engaged everyone possible on this matter and as a MEMBER I am satisfied. However it is the responsibility of every pilot to ensure that they stay up to date with the rules and regulations that govern their flying and changes that occur to it. Just as they are resonsible for the upkeep of a log boog, medical and revalidation.

This is the reason for NPA and RIA procedures, so that anyone with an interest can comment. People who join AOPA and PPLIR etc. join to allow people with more expertise to comment on their behalf. We rely on their integrity to make sure that that the common interests are looked after. In the case of AOPA and the IMCR the common interest is the preservation of a rating that AOPA created in the first place. To this end AOPA represented the MEMBERSHIP to the best of their ability, drawing on the experiences of the MEMBERSHIP as well as within and put across a strong case. Where this goes at the moment is anyones answer.

I personally think they have done an incredible job.

But what do I care? I have no restrictions on flying in any airspace so why am I bothering? Because I also believe that the IMCR is particularly worth saving. Pre IR days I used it extensively and believe it is one of the single most important things to happen to GA in the UK.

I however made the effort to understand the process of dealing with rule making and how it is contested rather than gobbing off about how wrong and unfair it was and then blaming everyones else.