PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 17:52
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian and Co
Well done
Walter
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Please remember that also at the time of the incident the new modded Chinook was just coming in to service and was a big deal for Boeing. I would not have trusted any of their findings as they would always lean towards any type of human error rather than towards their machine. I don't think the TAS has much relevance as mentioned by Cazatou ground speed at the time of impact was in the order of 150 kts and ther are a number of possible reasons for that.

John Purdey

The only irritating sod/PPRuNer i see on this thread is you Sir By the way your list of successive judgements by non independent partys is not really valid. You miss out the most important judgement so far and that was that the highest Law Lords in this land ruled that the cause category determined by the two Air Marshals was unsafe and unsound, a legal finding which the MOD refused to acknowledge. I will be very surprised if the SofS for Defence finds any different verdict to previous Defence Ministers (Lord knows when he will do his thorough investigation when he only works two days a week), but this is a step in the right direction and is raising awareness again. I hope to see the day that Wrotten and Day apologise, but I won't hold my breath!

Last edited by Tigs2; 6th Dec 2007 at 18:12.