PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You couldn't make it up!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 16:15
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Mutley said: Thanks for the link Al R, I voted No surprisingly
Sweet, its now standing at 24 against.

Thanks Tigs. Its all too easy to forget to speak up..

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

.. but with your work, I have no excuses. I'll now fire something off.

Dear Quentin,

I am given to understand that the S of S for Defence is paid his salary by the MOD. However, despite working two whole days of each week on the Defence of the Realm, I was surprised to note that the rest of the week he is employed as S of S for Scotland. The PM has affirmed his confidence in Des Browne saying that 'he was a hard working, committed individual, who could do two jobs at once'. Which is nice.

However, as precedence has clearly been set, I have a suggestion. Could you table the following motion please? I would like you to stand up and remind the PM that the members of our armed forces are also hard working, committed and able to do two jobs at once (in fact, at the moment and as a direct result of the cuts imposed by your latest party, most of them are currently doing more than that). I propose that all members of the armed forces be granted the same terms and conditions, ie; they can don their uniform for two days a week, whilst being paid a 100% salary by the MOD. The other three days of the week, they could find some other gainful employment of their choosing.

As Mr Browne refuses to step down as S of S for Defence in favour of a full time appointment I believe the above proposal to be entirely fair and reasonable, don't you? I subscribe to 'They work for you', and will be keen to see how you address this issue on behalf of your many military constituents and their families. I am copying this to the editors of our local newspapers and look forward to seeing a refreshingly honest performance from you, on our behalf.