PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 6th Dec 2007, 15:38
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose

Thank you, I am very pleased to be corrected.

However, with very little searching you did say among other comments.

Well my personal view is that it is probably already a done deal. A year ago when I tried to warn you would have been better to mobilize resistance.
Perhaps just me, but I had certainly formed the impression that AOPA have given up on the IMCr?

Let me please ask this:

1. Would you set out in clear terms exactly what it is AOPA are doing / intend to do towards preserving the IMCr,

2. What is the timetable? The suggestion seems to be not a lot will happen until March 2008. EASA are on record as saying they will take over FCL by the second quarter of 2008 at the latest.

3. If AOPA is not going to do a great deal more until March 2008 do they understand how important it is to engage people well before.? If they do when and how are they going to engage their membership and the wider audience and how? I see nothing on their web site. I have just spoken to a large local FBO. As you can imagine the income they derive from the IMCr is an important part of their revenue. They tell me they have not been asked to engage with AOPA on this issue. Is the intention to engage the flying schools and when?

4. Can you set out AOPAs case for why it is so important to preserve the IMCr?

There are some on here who seem to take pleasure in pointing out we were warned. Well we were. They also point out you did nothing. Well that is also true - but not this time. If you are asking us to put our faith and trust in AOPA I for one would like to know why I should so that some smart alec cant take pleasure in reminding us in a years time - “you were warned” if the perception is AOPA did not do enough.

You may have guessed I fervently believe this could prove to be the greatest derogation of light aviation safety that I have seen.

I don’t think it is good enough to accept on that basis and as you put it - “it is a done deal”!