PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS philosophies
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 13:19
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
All I can say in response to the last post is to suggest that anyone(preferably people not associated with myself or PBL) who is interested in this back and forth posting, to read what I have printed and post what they think I have said here is unprofessional.

I don't disagree or necessarily know what what engineering facts you have discovered. There are no facts on this thread or any of your studies that I have ever said I don't like. I assume they are correct.

I strongly disagree with the two posts that I previously mentioned and stand by them. I don't have technical studies to throw into the forum to back up my arguements. All I have is real world results to look at. Publications giving example after example of saves by TCAS, near collisions caused by improper procedures regarding TCAS and near and actual collisions caused by ignoring TCAS. Then of course there is the occasional TCAS related incident.
As for the not responding for six months, I have no technical engineering or studies to give mathematical probabilities of how much safer it is to follow the RA in the midair collision incident. Just real world actions and opinions.

Perhaps you could respond on how to visually avoid that 757(probably seen only as dim lights) closing in at 1000 km/h or more, probably descending as well, and quite possibly against a background of lights. There are no mathematical formulas for this and theory and statistics don't work in a split decision moment like this. Perhaps blind luck does.

Now new terms have been brought in.

Defamation. Which rightly or wrongly makes me think lawsuit in my part of the world and makes me glad for anonymity.
abuse. Please, contact the moderator and ask him to review this thread and give an opinion on what abuse I have given out on this thread and please publish the response. There has been no abuse here. I know there will be no follow up on this one.

Maybe its time to lighten up with this enlightening link.

http://www.successunlimited.co.uk/humour/engineer.htm