PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 6th Dec 2007, 09:58
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why the discussion moved on to AOPA is because there is a perception that AOPA are seeking to protect the future of the IMCR. Were that the case we might well conclude the work was in safe hands and that AOPA would do their best to achieve what they set out to do.

I think I am correct in saying that the message is clear - AOPA are not seeking to save the IMCr - so far as AOPA is concerned it is already dead and their attention is solely focused on trying to persuade EASA to adopt an IR that is more accessable by private pilots.

The suggestion is that it is all our faults that so far as AOPA is concerned the battle has already been lost. I am sure we would disagree on whether or not AOPA ever went to battle over this in the first place, but we do agree that would not be productive.

My purpose has not been therefore to bash AOPA as you put it for bashing sake but becasue I think it is important everyone understands that they should not look towards AOPA to argue their corner for the IMCr - because AOPA have already given up on that - unless I am very much mistaken?