PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 6th Dec 2007, 09:14
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I had cleared up some of these misunderstandings already. Ok, here we go again...

Originally Posted by mrpaxing
the limit of slips less then lets say 18 hours MUST be a maximum of 2. this would stop stupid patterns (6 day)domestic casuals do to get entrenched.
Look, there might be a few crappy trips out there, but the regional slipping formula at least states that there must be at least 50 hours worth of slips in the first 3 slips. So it is not possible to slip us for three consecutive 12 hour slips, nor even 3 consecutive 15 hour slips. Shorthaul are actually doing crappy stuff like that now. They have no slipping formula at all.

guaranteed access of 20% on the A380 and other new wide bodied aircraft.
lets assume till the end of 2010 there are 8 A380. on 18 crew thats 4 guaranteed LH slots x 10 = 40 slots. not much really.
Boeing 787-900 does not arrive until late2010/2011. once again for a 250 seat aircraft with 8 crew thats 2 crew per aircraft.
No, you have misunderstood this. You are correct about 20/80 on the Airbus A380. But ALL OTHER NEW WIDE-BODIED INTERNATIONAL aircraft will be flown by us - that's ALL of us - current crew and new starters. For all aircraft except for the A380, we will be one pool of crew.

Also, your calculations on working out how many crew will be needed on the Airbus A380 are totally incorrect. To keep one 747 flying there needs to be something like 100-150 crew. For the Airbus, it will be even more. I don't know the exact numbers because I am not an expert, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you need at least 3 to 4 times the crew complement to keep the aircraft going.