PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2007, 09:01
Mick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeepGE

As a current SME( Look it up if your not sure) on Nimrod MR2 I am sick to the back teeth of so called experts now appearing from the woodwork after 30 odd years of Nim Ops. If u didn't have the b"^^3 to stand-up when you where in the developement phase then shut the f%%k up now. And yes I direct this at Jimmy!!!!. Do not question how we maintain an AC you so proudly boast you put into service. No b"^^3 then no point having big b"^^3's now. Cheers Pet!!!

I may have been a bit OTT initially but I am sick of the speculation and down right falls hoods posted reference groundies on MR2. Having been an AGE and Rects controller I have seen the physical and mental effort these totally profesionall technicians apply to keeping the MR2 fleet the potent asset it is. Can somebody just reward this effort with the high level support it deserves.
I can appreciate that people at Kinloss might have been feeling under siege over the past few months but your comments about Jimmy Jones are completely out of order.

No-one who has been involved in the attempts to bring attention to this issue has ever criticised the ground crews at Kinloss. When we obtained the QinetiQ report, the STimes article specifically went out of its way to report the team's conclusions that the RAF ground crews at Kinloss were "highly committed" and working to good standards. Even before the QinetiQ report, it was always Jimmy's stance that this would of course be the case and he has always stuck to that view.