PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 6th Dec 2007, 08:03
mrpaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are of

course some issues which need a bit of tiding up.
regional flying needs an fatigue based approach otherwise its open to abuse. we all know who wont hesitate to use all means available (the excuse is going to be carmen produces these patterns) ,if they get the go-ahead. the limit of slips less then lets say 18 hours MUST be a maximum of 2. this would stop stupid patterns (6 day)domestic casuals do to get entrenched. this can easily being build into the jeppesen rostering system.
guaranteed access of 20% on the A380 and other new wide bodied aircraft.
lets assume till the end of 2010 there are 8 A380. on 18 crew thats 4 guaranteed LH slots x 10 = 40 slots. not much really.
Boeing 787-900 does not arrive until late2010/2011. once again for a 250 seat aircraft with 8 crew thats 2 crew per aircraft. and so on
please feel free if i have anything wrong on this. i have not been to the meeting yet but this is my current understanding of the deal.
i understand the A380 deal involves a set rate for overtime after 12 hours.
were are you going to get your hours from with 4 aircraft in the first year if you sign up to this exclusive deal?