PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real A300, 310, 757, 767 replacement aircraft idea
Old 6th Dec 2007, 07:29
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi thanks for all the responses !

It makes me review doubt the choices i made, but I'm not giving up yet!

"2-2-2 makes no economic sense"

what if it was 3-3 with a 50% wider aisle and A380 width economy class seats, would it then be a good fuselage? It would be exactly the same fusealge width. I guess this is about options.

Technicallly: taking a just wide enough 3-3 fuselage and putting up to 300 people in it is probably structurally over the limit. You have to add lots of material the make the narrow long pipe stiff & strong enough adding a lot weight. Apart from that a single aisle with more then 300 people starts to serious prevent efficient moving around of crew and passengers.

The additional 20 inch also pays of in the front of the aircraft making possible an additional fifth seat in domestic first and most importantly giving room for new generation 4 abreast long haul Business Class cabins. Business class is the money maker in many markets..

About the containers pallets used on A320s, there would not be much room lost. Remember a greenliner wouldn't be that much wider then a A320 (about 20 inch) and the cargo deck isn't higher.

The additional width is also height in the cabin providing center bins that puts of the pressure of restrained stowage. As can be seen they are higher then the side bins enabling people to easily cross the cabin where the folding seats are located.

What do you think about giving the middle seats long haul a few inches extra width?