Oyster Shucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

We have all had them before,

no matter where we are or what our goals may be:

detractors, glass ceiling syndrome mentalities,

people who tell us we can’t do it, and people who jump on each other

to reach the top of the cr@p heap.

Marcos, Estrada, Amin, TR, Pigmy, etc..they all rose to the top of the cr@p heap..just like you up there in the swing with a joker to save your as$..Hmmmmm. No thank you. By beating the crooks and vagabonds, aren't you being one yourself? The better crook maybe?
You can keep your circus, thank you very much. Been there in the dodol drums and quite happy out here in the wider world. By that I don't mean the web..

I've also received a couple of PMs from interested parties who are thinking about making the plunge. The call of 'a few up north and a couple down south" is still fresh in the minds of the dynamic few. Barking up the wong twee maybe,....maybe not. My target really is the few that are strong and adventurous enough to sample more of what you guys are missing out on.

Of course, I acknowledge that we are all different. "Some like it hot but they don't know how hot 'till they try" R. Palmer. So, to those who are happy and love it there, by all means...stay!!. Whinging and grumbling about this so and so, and that so and so, won't change a thing..Doing the same things over and over again whilst expecting a different outcome is crazy by definition. For goodness sake, we are flying now aren't we. Imagine what most people were saying about human flight not so long ago.

Your long haul bust AIP/AIC flight and duty time limits big time!! I know you guys get credited half the flight time on long haul routes whilst other airlines get full hours plus overtime!! Double to triple pay after 12/14 hours. Getting exploited then given some money for it, is not a payrise dudes. How about the legal implication? You guys don't accrue P1U/S hours for the purpose of getting command hours criteria as FOs are only P2 endorsed.To get P1U/S, you must be a P1 endorsed FO. All that cost savings is dangerous to the travelling public, don't you think?

Right hand seats ( First and Second Officers ) get paid more than your -400 Captain.What more a -400/380 Captain. Even CX sim intructors get almost $1M ringgit/yr. They are able to afford more life. By life I mean...anything!! Money is neutral anyways. It depends on what you do with it. You can increase your investment portfolio, be it shares, real estate, business, amanah saham, kebuns and dusuns??. More frequent family holidays,...skiing, touring USA,Europe and South America. Mountain climbing, cruzing, spending a couple of months in South France, owning your own aeroplane, private schooling for the kids,surfing, scuba diving, skydiving...man....there's so much more out there dudes/ dudettes.. Just open up your minds a wee bit more. You'll hit a pole sooner or later stumbling with eyes wide shut.

Some try to console themselves by accepting that the cost of living there is cheap. I disagree. It is quite the opposite actually. After all we don't all just eat Roti Chanai and Teh Tarik for brekky or stay in the kampungs or wear sarongs...Noooo... everyone wants their Armani, Rolexes (even the girlfriend wants one....minimum gold strapped oysters). Local and Japanese 2 liter cars for over a hundred grand??? Mad!! A six liter luxury car in the states is only $30G odd. $60Gs for Waja???How about the UK? UAE? even AUS? A bottle of Dom is how much again??? $900 bucks...Jeez... It's just over $120 in the states..How about cameras, Videos, TVs, Mercs, Bimmers, Shoes, Navbags, Ipods, Laptops, Pocket PCs, Phones, GPSs.....blah blah blah...the list goes on...... In short, you guys may be locals there but you sure don't live local. You can't stretch too much they stuff they pay you with. In this global age, our living is becoming very similar and you guys are so underpaid for doing the same job. Inflow (Global) must be greater than outflow (Global). Getting paid local and having to afford life (global) is opposite to the required equation.
Sadly, that is the reality that most accept. I did not, do not and will not.

Other than the weather (too warm and humid), the nyamuks that eat people alive, I too love the blessed country and do go back every couple of months or so for some R&R and great food!!. Family life is great and definitely up and up.

I too Contributed, Tried and left.
Pe pe je le, 'sal kan bahagia (picked that up whilst cutting my flying teeth, many seasons ago..)
Keep them PMs coming. Happy to point you the compass