PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 5th Dec 2007, 22:41
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry fuji but you are so far off track here that you are not even on the same continent.

Dont blame me.

Here are a few comments - none from me I might add!

Worth listening to what pilots say me thinks.

The biggest sin AOPA UK are guilty of is a failure to adequately explain what they do.

However, personally speaking, I don't find it an organisation that I find does a lot for me personally compared with others, such as the PFA and BGA.

I don't mind championing the cause of GA in this country, but may find some other way of investing my £72 for the priviledge.

I am surprised to read that your AOPA UK Membership is 72 pounds..
Here in the US AOPA membership is just $39 per year - and I reckon that we get a good service from AOPA here in the US when it comes to lobbying Congress etc.. Bearing in mind $39 is only around 21 pounds..... that makes your 72 quid damn expensive.

I am a member and I personally dont get much from them in material sense .

By comparison AOPA trends to be supportive of its corporate members, which is a vital source of money for them.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from AOPA. Unless it involves them hob-nobbing it on quasi important committees they're not really interested. And as for Mr Robinson

OK, so why don't they talk about it more openly. I have tried explaining in the past that if AOPA wants to attract members, not only do they need to act on their behalf but they need to be seen to do so.

and finallly

Like any member based organisation, AOPA needs the support of its members but it must realise that it has no absolute right to expect that support automatically, it must work with and for its members.

I say again it is no good AOPA going down a path pilots arent interested in.

Far better to fight for the IMCR and lose, than claim a victory for tinkering with an IR that remains as inaccessible to most as it ever was.

Bose you need to understand it is not personal, just a case a picking up on the evidence without which we have nothing.