PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2007, 21:53
radiation junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all about me !

We have not been "painted into a corner". The FAAA has handed us a life line that gives us a few more years before the hordes of cheap "B" scale crew overrun the fort and scalp us all ! Regardless of outcome, this will happen, "they will take no prisoners" !

Regarding "It's all about me", in 18 months, I'll be 55 with 30 years flying. EBA8 gives me a modicum of dignity for my last couple of years. I am sure there are many crew in a similar situation or getting close to it. Plus, with Part Time for all categories, it will make life more flexible.

For the junior crew with 8 to 10 years in LH, at least they are guaranteed a minimum 5 or even more years with current conditions and an improvement in their trips and rosters.

Regardless of the $3000 bribe, this is a positive outcome for all crew and a gentle introduction to the "brave new world" that GD and Qantas has planned for future generations of Cabin Crew.