PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 5th Dec 2007, 21:49
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am posting this on both threads to save wasting any further breath......

I am sorry fuji but you are so far off track here that you are not even on the same continent. I find it unbelievable that you can blame AOPA. They have broadcast the message, they have formed working groups to address the issue and have made representations at the correct level. It is now down to the rule makers to decide if the case is valid. What do you want to do hold them to ransom with a grenade until they come around to your way of thinking?

It is also your responsibility as a pilot and as an adult to keep abreast of developments in aviation not expect to have someone hold your hand and guide you through it. I spend my time sifting through the EASA and CAA sites to keep abreast just like many others. I take the time to read and digest the stuff that is out there and judge what effect it may have on me. This stuff has been in the public domain for more than TWO YEARS!

As a result I chose to do something about it not gob of about how bad a job others were doing about it.

As has been said by others I think AOPA are doing a good job, they were hard in a difficult climate and as a result I will keep on paying to support them. You are clearly unhappy with what they are achieving and are starting your own crusade. Good on you. But I would suggest that if you really want to make a difference you get an understanding of the process.
I AM NOT AOPA, I am a MEMBER, I was unhappy with what AOPA were doing so rather than slagging them off on a faceless forum I took my concerns to them and they invited me to help put things right. The other was extended to a few other people on these forums and the result is the MWG. We influence AOPA, we assist by bringing manpower and experience to the table and participating in the process that effects us all as pilots.

I think this clearly shows that AOPA listens to it's MEMBERS and acts on feedback. There is still improvement to be made, but I as is demonstrated on here as a very vocal forthright person feel they are making good progress and deserve support.

I realise that you are frustrated and concerned about the loss of the IMCR, but bashing AOPA and those that support it does nothing to further your cause.

Getting a few words of support on a faceless forum is not going to get you a seat at the table either.

This time we really are done, so I would ask that you desist from the constant goading and AOPA bashing, as I said it does nothing to help you and will end up in a fallout.

Good luck with your crusade.