PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2007, 20:32
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedTBar
Flugbegleiter,if you thought the lhr base was a good deal then I guess you don't mind these b scale conditions.
I never said that. I, like all other Aussie crew, absolutely hated the idea of a London base. I was prepared to strike to prevent it happening, if we could. But it's there now, just like the AKL base and the BKK base. On top of that, there's shorthaul doing a LOT of our flying.

Of course I don't like the idea of a b-scale pay. But it is the only option we have had for years now. And the b-scale group had to be MUCH cheaper than us. Look at Australian Airlines. They were cheaper than us, but still not cheap enough. They were flying OUR aeroplanes on OUR routes in OUR uniforms, but on their pay and conditions and they were STILL too expensive.

They way I see it, we have 2 choices. We can either agree to this EBA, keep or pay and conditions and finally see some growth in Aussie longhaul, including new destinations. OR, we can vote no and watch ourselves disappear. There will be NO future for us if we go that way.