PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxygen Systems
Thread: Oxygen Systems
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 20:02
AlsWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is that dive shops and schools, as a sort of gentlemens agreement between them, only sell "dangerous" dive goods, including cylinder refills, to people who have a proper divers qualification.
Hmmm not ideal for the aviator.

Bose, as a supplier of the MH kit is there an 'approved' list of oxygen suppliers - aviation or otherwise - for the UK? I am keen to get a oxygen system, but it seems the re-fill is not so straight forward. To be honest I am not that taken by the idea of DIY refills, but is there another practical solution? I understand some GA fields do refills, Biggin is one, but I believe that is circa £70 for the privlidge.

Bose, in your earlier post (quote below) you mention about swapping over to the 1st stage. Does that mean if in the event of O2D2 failure you can make the system constant flow?

They are reliable and very efficient, much more so than the DAN or Aerox kits that I have. Yes the do fail shut but not really a hard ship. The beauty of the MH system is that you can plug any of the kits into the first stage. So I carry a couple of spare flow meters attached to the spare ports of the 1st stage. If the O2D2 failed I would just swap over. At GA heights we have plenty of time!!