PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 19:30
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Well said tuc, I can only say "here, here" to your praise of TD. Despite the findings of the BOI, despite the admissions of the CinC, despite the SoS apologising for the MOD AND THE RAF in their failure to ensure the Airworthiness of the Nimrod fleet, some still see fit to snipe at him as an interfering civilian who knows little or nothing. Shame on them and well done TD for you have done a great service to your country, which is more than can be said for the higher echelons of the RAF and the MOD. The CAS is responsible for the scandal that is the RAF's aircraft airworthiness state. He could, and should, have resigned in protest at the savage cuts that undermined this central core of RAF effectiveness. He chose to stay, now he must go in ignominy.

EdSet100, you say that I have missed the point. With respect it is you who seem to have done so. The arrangement whereby many agencies with many acronyms share out responsibilities so that everyone is responsible, but in effect no-one is, is the very reason it must be scrapped. You say that the situation would be the same under a unity authority. When did the CAA last preside over a failure of this magnitude? It's game over I'm glad to say for MOD and chums, and time for the professionals to take over.