PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking passengers flying as a Christmas present
Old 5th Dec 2007, 16:33
Squawk7143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PG,

I think everyone has had enough of this don't you ?

But for the record, I think you need to read the post again

"You also stated that you were not sure if a pilot could fly in command from the right hand seat. In that assumption, which is widely held you are incorrect, and I have had this discussion with many self appointed experts over the last 30 years."

No I did not, I said I did not know and would not comment

"You also made comments about what the pilot would do if he got caught out in bad weather. I am making the assumption that sensible pilots who arrive at the aerodrome with the right attitude do not choose to fly in marginal weather. Weather does not suddenly arrive and envelope you when you on take off, apart from in fairy stories."

No I did not, I asked how an inexperienced PPL would cope from the RHS if he needed instruments in say cloud.

IHMO most inexperienced PPLs would struggle from the LHS with passengers on board. Imagine the problem looking across from the right seat.

As for the rest, I have to say I share your view, I too am glad that you are no longer in the PPL world.

Now unless you feel compelled to have the last word ( and I am sure you will ) let this be an end to our discussion.