PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking passengers flying as a Christmas present
Old 5th Dec 2007, 16:01
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk the comment that you made was that a pilot should already know about cost sharing as he has completed an aviation law exam to hold a PPL.

In my opinion that type of attitude is not only very condescending, smug and arrogant but totally unnecessary and does nothing towards fostering a helpful informative forum where pilots can seek advice.

You also stated that you were not sure if a pilot could fly in command from the right hand seat. In that assumption, which is widely held you are incorrect, and I have had this discussion with many self appointed experts over the last 30 years.

You also made comments about what the pilot would do if he got caught out in bad weather. I am making the assumption that sensible pilots who arrive at the aerodrome with the right attitude do not choose to fly in marginal weather. Weather does not suddenly arrive and envelope you when you on take off, apart from in fairy stories.

A PPL should be flying passengers as a Christmas present in VMC, if VMC doesn’t exist and is not forecast to exist don’t go flying and then you wont get caught out, its not rocket science.

In my experience of flying of nearly 20,000 hours from instructing from Jersey --Sumburgh and operating commercially from Greenland to Algeria the only few times I have got caught out is when I have broken the rules and most of those occasions were as a low hour instructor in Scotland.

I have nothing to deal with (your comment) and its people like yourself who make me very glad I am no longer involved with PPL training