PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 13:42
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain F, I am left scratching my head. Whilst I welcome the unprecedented grovelling apologies on offer from military "leaders" and politicians, I feel the BoI has singularly failed to explain why the RAF was so hopelessly incompetent in the run up to this crash. And has failed to explain the complacency of a smug MoD in batting away warnings my 7 year old daughter could have worked out. Sir Glenn Torpy presides over an organisation whose military airworthiness is not fit for purpose and cannot hide behind loss of resource for throwing the lives of 14 brave men away.

So why does he not accept responsibility and resign?

Surely, the setting up of one possibly two inquiries will simply kick these immensely important questions into the long grass and at the same time remove the requirement for anyone to immediately resign?

I further doubt if Labour will still be in Govt by the time a Public Inquiry has been held.

Furthermore the offer of compensation might just prevent a damaging court case where the charge of gross negligence/corporate manslaughter can be heard?

Meanwhile, the additional time delays mean that crews will continue to be sent up there without fuel tank protection should another fuel leak reach a different source of ignition.

This is damage limitation, nothing more.

Last edited by nigegilb; 5th Dec 2007 at 14:12.