PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 5th Dec 2007, 10:14
Nice flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idol detent, very well said Sir.

I just can not comprehend that a highly experienced crew would disregard such an observation from a fellow professional. There is absolutely no place for pride in this kind of situation.

None of you ever make mistakes, obviously.
Yes we do, on a daily basis. This, however, is not a mistake. It is an act of great unprofessionalism that potentially endangered a great many lives.

Of course it's not right to brand a whole company as "cowboys" based on this one crew, and the identifying of flight numbers etc is questionable too. But I don't think that was LTD's intention in starting this thread. It was probably a mix of incredulity and horror that in this day and age there still exists a lack of understanding of the dangers of ANY contamination on the aircraft's surfaces.

Those on here defending the crew's actions need to grow up. This is not a point scoring exercise against IB pilots or anyone else. It is about a very serious flight safety issue that affects all of us, no matter what logo we have on our tail.

The likes of LTD can park next to me any time they like