PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2007, 09:48
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries, DEFCON4 :-) That's why I posted - I wasn't trying to be a turd ;-) The 747-300's already carry 450 pax (52J 398Y). But I guess that premium economy must take up more space.
I think there are people out there who will want to fly on the A380 just for a change and because it is new, etc. With the salary top-up, it makes it much more attractive, but that's only if you don't mind having a much higher divisor. With only 4 aircraft flying initially, though, I doubt anyone will be doing anything close to 240 hours.
As far as the union is concerned, the 787-900 will be our major vehicle for growth. QF has a stack of these on order and will use them to replace the 767 and A330 aircraft on international routes.
I'm a little disappointed that the A380 will not just be another aircraft we can fly on like 747s, a330, etc. I had been looking forward to it. But I am more happy that I finally feel like we will have some job security and growth in Aussie longhaul.