PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 5th Dec 2007, 09:26
idol detent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robeki wrote

This thread seems to be full of Monday night quarterbacks. None of you ever make mistakes, obviously.

What does experience have to do with it? Everything. What does salary have to do with it, not much, it was a simple comment. I don’t see many pilots earning what a commander with Iberia earns, and there is a reason for that. Extremely professional crews, thus the reason I give them the benefit of the doubt. Accident statistics prove my point
Sorry Robeki your posts are full of contradiction.

Experience does not stop you from making mistakes. Neither does a big salary. I make them all the time, but clean wings are a must. Just because they got away with it doesn't make it right.

I am fortunate enough to work for a company that probably pays me more than an IB pilot and I have ~20years/15,000hrs of experience from turboprops to 747s. That does not make me immune from mistakes but if it makes me a Monday night QB then so be it. However, I will always be glad of intervention from someone like LTD.

It seems that our (well intentioned) critcism of this particular IB crew has fallen on ears that don't want to listen and that is really rather sad for our profession.