PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 08:32
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
click, LE: Thanks for the input, guys. I did not contribute further before because there is nothing I can add to an expat living discussion; also I could not tell IP off as it dawned on me that he may know more then I do. Serious, see below.

AirlinePirate: Sorry not to have responded to your PM, apologies. See here http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpos...2&postcount=84. It looks quite rose tinted because that's how I view it, a local kid who never dreamed about anything else and joined with 220 hrs onto 737. Rose tinted yes, optimistic no. What you need is a reality check from click, LE et al who know how to weigh things in. Check 1: USD (per diems are in USD) no longer 22 CZK but 17,5; check 2: new taxation laws from JAN 08, initially more take-home, cost impact to be seen - VAT on housing up from 5 to 9 per cent, etc.; check 3 new contract aimed at 3% below expected inflation ... gents, please do continue.

IP My psychometrics were done in-house by a Dr.Psycho-Guru-Legend (read a very old man), Czech language only. Some time this was changed to more "modern" way and was done on-line, from home, unsupervised with a different company. This was abolished some time later too and now is outsourced to firm IQI in Prague and done in Czech. Hence my comment that you are no longer correct with the on-line process. I have spoken to a friend of mine and need to take that back. You are right. IQI only harvest data that are fed to an US outfit and this certainly can be done in more languages. The supervisor is Dr.Moravcova, a name that perhaps is familiar to you.

Re: Reduced Pay: Until a newcomer finishes the initial training / type rating course, it is a pilot-in-training pay calculated as 50% of year one FO basic. This was the case for a very long time, today equals to 31433 CZK/month.

Again, as an outsider you do not have the ability to match things together, but your facts indeed are correct. Except for the car repairs of course, forked 800€ for a Skoda door paint job

What scares me is your note about employment by C4S (not possible). There is, however, CSA Services outfit to which some CSA personell have been transferred to. Aircraft and office cleaners, lorry drivers and so. For some time, newly employed check-in staff, cabin crew, ... are also only on contract with CSA Services. The ability to hire-and-fire seems to be the leading factor. But hey, these CC are no longer CSA mainline employees and cannot be represented by CC union! Ooops.

Cannot see that happen to pilots, the scope clause is firmly welded in. Ooops, until the contract runs out, that is in 25 days. Until I read the new LOL insurance conditions that hit my company mailbox just yesterday.
Insured personnel is pilots employed by CSA j.s.c and/or CSA Services Ltd. ....

The insurer and insurance company agreed that should CSA aircraft be operated by pilots employed by CSA Services Ltd, these may be included in the list of insured personnel ....
Validity of the contract? 1 DEC 07 to 1 DEC 08 !!!

FD (the un-real)