PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 08:20
4mastacker

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ebtb

In my book “accident waiting to happen” = “this was an accident that occurred due to a cumulative sequence of events”. Ever heard of the phrase “for want of a nail…etc”? Similar analogy in this case?

You are quite correct however, that I am a former Supplier who has no expertise in engineering or flying related tasks (unless I include my gliding and paragliding badges). I do not make comment on the engineering and flying disciplines unlike those who seek to make comment in the reverse direction. I’m not a lawyer either, so does that excuse me from sitting on a jury? No! It does not, but it does allow me to form my own opinion based on the evidence presented. Whether or not my own verdict agrees with the other eleven members of the jury is down to me! I expressed my opinion on what had preceded - if you had read the whole thread you will see two posts from me prior to the one which has so irritated you; one was a question I asked as a layman and one to acknowledge the reply from Tucumseh who had the good grace and manners not to be so dismissive of my post even though his private thoughts may have not been so kind.

Perhaps, from your lofty position above the mere mortals who inhabit this earth, you might find time to ponder on the words of Voltaire.

The BOI has delivered it’s findings, the Government has made it’s excuses and I am not making any more comment on this thread except to express my continuing sympathy to the families, relatives and friends of the fallen and congratulate them on their admirable dignity and fortitude since that awful day.

Last edited by 4mastacker; 5th Dec 2007 at 08:21. Reason: font size