PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 07:59
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archimedes

The reason why I have called for the resignation of these people is simply because they all knew about the fuel leaks and the escalating problems associated with AAR.

CAS and ACAS both knew of the problems concerning AAR and fuel leaks, (as did AOC 2 GP and Stn Cdr ISK). Any one of them could and should have said 'enough, we must fix this problem'

AOC 2Gp was DIRECTLY responsible (I am assured) for personaly authorising all AAR flights post XV230.

Stn Cdr ISK even commented on the problems and effectively 'forcast' further problems.

Couple all of that with the fact that they all knew about the BAe and QQ reports and I rest my case Sir.

This has been an unmitifgated disaster, both for the RAF, Aircrew and Groundcrew alike and more especially, for the families and friends of those lost. It is nothing short of a scandal that this occurred in the first place, and it is a greater scandal that no one yet appears to be carrying the can and doing the right and proper thing.

downsizer
I do not believe TD was refering to the groundcrew or the engineers at all. I'm pretty sure he was refering to those I mention above, and expecting them to make the correct decisions. Clearly they didn't, and the likes of TD and the other families are left behind to ponder 'what if'
I'm sure Graham himself will clarify for you exactloy what he was meaning.

The Winco

ps GAR
You forget to mention the billions of pounds that go in foreign aid each year to the likes of Sudan (the people that wanted to execute a teacher about a teddy bear called Muhammed, remember?) and all the asylum seekers, and the other 'worthy' causes.