PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 5th Dec 2007, 06:57
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF the IB A340 took of with contaminated wings, then this is indeed an incident caused by unprofessionality.
HOWEVER: We have here 7 pages of publicly accusing a company and their pilots for reckless behaviour without any proof except for one collegue who is not able to give us any photographic evidence.

I applaud LDT's action for giving potentialy vital information to the crew, however, the reaction afterwards by said collegue and most of the other cotributors does leave something to be desired.

LTD, may I suggest to contact the authorities/airline if you were that concerned and sure of your case. This needs true investigation and not gossip that might, and unfortunately probably will cause non-flightcrew (read public and press) to assume things that might damage all of us. 99% of flightcrew operating in the First World are professional, knowledgeable and very able aviators, the ones who are not need to be taken care of by official means.

It seems that there exist a blaming culture on PPRUNE. Let us all try and contribute on these forums as true officers and remain dignified, positive and react in an appropriate way.