PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 5th Dec 2007, 06:25
DingerX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Digital Anorak

I love you guys, but there's a couple of a things you need to keep in mind. First, if you divert into Manchester, you're going to be photographed and posted to the internet. You might even get the YouTube treatment.
Second, if you are in Boston, all your radio traffic will be recorded and archived for posterity.
So if you come on here and discuss an event concerning KBOS RT, someone with a half-hour of spare time can dig it up.
The conversation in question can be heard following this method:
A. Go to: http://www.liveatc.net/
B. in the left hand bar, select "Listen to LiveATC Archives"
C. Select December 2, KBOS-Boston Delivery, 2300-2330Z
D. Click on Listen
E. Download the file, and scroll to 19:30, which is IB6166's first call for pushback.
The conversation begins a minute later, complete with LTD's dulcet "you do" at 21:30
At 22:40 IB 6166 switches to ground. Yes, you can listen to that as well. Before you do, LTD and crew express their concern at 24:00. Then swap tapes to ground, and follow the traffic from 23:00, when IB6166 is first cleared for pushback.
25:00 -- "British Airways advise that you may want to recheck your wings for deicing"
27:26 "IB6166 We have checked our wings, we don't need the ice, we are ready for push"
flightstats have IB6166 pushing back at 23:28Z. I didn't follow the tape any further, but those who are interested might.
So, from this:
LTD (and, I presume justinzider) communicated unambiguosly their concern.
What LTD and JI didn't hear:
The concern was communicated to the IB crew.
The IB crew took two and a half minutes, and called back, affirming that, after checking their wings, they did not need deicing.

Now back to you guys for criticism.

Last edited by DingerX; 5th Dec 2007 at 07:35.