PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 5th Dec 2007, 05:31
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few corrections

Sorry Defcon, I am not trying to pick on you but there are a few points in your previous post which were not quite correct:

Originally Posted by DEFCON4
Current LHCC will have access to the A380 on their current renumeration.
Well, that's not entirely true. If current L/H crew choose to work on the A380, they will be working under the pay and conditions offered to the new starters. On top of this, they will be payed a "top-up" amount each pay, to try to keep their pay in line with their current pay. Note that working on the A380 would mean you do not have access to the bid system and you *may* be required to work up to 240 hours (though that is unlikely during the start-up phase). This may be an appealing option to some, and not so appealing to others, but at least you have a choice.

International flying will be divided between the elite fleet(A380) and regional flying which will be anything within a 3 hour time change east or west of Sydney.Destinations like HNL and BOM will make up a much smaller third division.
That's not quite correct. There will really be two major divisions as far as flying goes:

1. A380 crew
2. All other international flying

The A380 crew will ONLY fly on the A380. The other group will fly on all other international aircraft, whether it's the 747, A330, 787 or any other new wide-bodied aircraft flown on international routes. That's where I would personally prefer to stay. 747s will still be flying long-range sectors for many years yet, probably with some new and interesting destinations, too! There is no group which does ONLY regional flying. Either you fly on A380s or you fly on the rest of the fleet.

The new hires on the "B"scale will fly exclusively on the A380.
Also not correct. Some of the new starters on the B scale will fly on the A380 and others will fly on the rest of the fleet along side us, the current crew.

re: A380. It will have 4 classes..P/C J/C Premium Y/C and Y/C and carry around 550 pax.
Qantas has announced the A380 will carry 450 pax (surprising, huh?)

If the EBA is not voted up most of the above will be void.
Yeah, that would be very dangerous... Now that I have a lot more facts, I know what I will be voting.