PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long SSRI traces are traceable on Medical Exams?
Old 5th Dec 2007, 00:38
GPD44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use of SSRI'S

I got my PPL suspended almost 2 years ago for the use of SSRI'S. My DR. prescribed me an SSRI for Fibromyalgia, not any type of depression. The AME still did not give me a 3rd Class Medical due to the fact that I am currently taking an SSRI. After 2 letters from my DR. and a letter to my Congressman, the FAA insisted that I still cannot receive a 3rd Class due to the fact that I am prescribed an SSRI. AOPA has sent a letter to and gone in front of congress to change the rules and allow pilots a special issuance for the use of SSRI'S. As an airplane owner, i'm hanging in there hoping that the rules may, in the near future, change so that a lot of us Private Pilot's can get back into the air. My DR. recommended that I be honest due to the fact that any type of incident could require the FAA to view my medical records. My question is...Are there any other pilots out there being treated with an SSRI for "off-label" use? Let me know.