View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 23:27
alangirvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horizon Air's fleet includes the following aircraft (as of November 2007) [4] :

* 18 De Havilland Canada Dash 8 Q200
* 33 De Havilland Canada Dash 8 Q400
* 20 Bombardier CRJ-700ER

That looks like a reasonable number of CRJs to me. The contract with Frontier was terminated earlier this year,and Frontier are now working with an operator who flies... ERJ-170s. This is all publicly available information on the web for people who take the time to look it up. The latest article says that Horizon will dispose of 16 Q200s. Go figure that one.

I asked are airlines complaining about E-190s, not RJs. You said USAirways are adding E-190s. I think Continental has 50 seat RJs operating for it because its pilots agreements require jets over 50 seats to be operated by company pilots. Q400s will do a very good job for them because TPs do not have this restriction.

If AirNZ chooses the Q400 it will be a very good aircraft in this country. I think when passengers try it, they will like it.

A quick look at schedules for LAX to PDX shows Horizon operating CR7s as codeshares for AS (Alaskan) and AA (American). Sorry, I don't feel like looking up the satellite airports in Southern California, so maybe they operate Q400s into Burbank or Long Beach or Ontario. They are competing against United, US Airways and Southwest who all operate jets. Compliments of the season to you.