PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 22:55
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Trade-offs between managing current commitments (and safety) and ensuring that the UK still has Armed Forces worth a damn in 25 years' time are made in every round. Inevitably, eventually something had to break.
General AR, your instructive piece on UK constitutional practice relevant to the UK Armed Forces was flowing so well, so persuasively, until you had to get to your point, which I quote above. You then have the utter gall to blame the British people for the tragedy! If you work in the MOD then you are a part of the problem. If your work involves Airworthiness Regulation then the attitude that you express confirms far more clearly than I ever could why the MOD is unworthy of discharging that responsibility. In short, Sir, your sentiments are outrageous and you should be ashamed. By the way if you are an MOD apparatchik and feel uncertain as to what you personally should do if ordered to compromise the Airworthiness process, may I commend the posts of tucumseh on this and the 'Parliamentary Answers' threads.