PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 21:56
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everythingbuttheboy

I notice your lack of posts on this forum and would strongly suggest that you read everything from page one onwards. You will then see that you are completely wrong in most of what you are saying.

Flying military aircraft is no more dangerous than flying any other aircraft. The only thing that makes it potentially more dangerous is the area of operation and the fact that someone may be trying to shoot you down.

XV230 did NOT crash because it was a miltary aircraft; it crashed because of a number of failings, many of which had been identified as a potential danger many many months, and possibly even years earlier. The RAF didn't learn a damned thing from those incidents, and your ridiculous comment about the one that diverted last week beggars belief! Are you for a second suggesting that diverting with a major fuel leak is OK?

Your other comment 'simply not viable to spend million on this a/c. just make it safe to fly, and keep it safe, until the 4 comes in' is a disgrace and an insult to those who perished. I don't care what it costs to make them safe to fly, £10 million or £10 billion. Until they are safe to fly, they should be grounded. Perhaps you could inform us all here what it is worth to make them safe to fly?

The fact is that the RAF took it upon itself to ignore those warnings from expert people such as BAe and QQ. Had they acted upon those recomendations and heeded the reports and further recomendations following the loss of TWA Flight 500, then I believe that we would not be having this debate now.

I am of the opinion that was an avoidable accident, and I feel that those responsible should be held to account, and by that I mean the SoS, CAS, ACAS, AOC 2Gp and Stn Cdr ISK; ALL of who knew that the aircraft had, and was having continuous problems centred around AAR and Fuel leaks.

This will not be the end of this tragedy. It is incumbant upon us all to continue to fight for safe and airworthy aircraft within the RAF, and I sincerely hope that those named above find the courage to do the honourable thing.

The Winco