PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ may fly jets in regions
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 20:48
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alangifvan.....yeah mate...I know they fly RJS.....I flew for them for 10 yrs....and I flew their metros,dorniers and their F28,s......I dont argue your points.....(get with the picture here)...////they now run their Dash 400, all the way to KLAX from portland(go figure the mileage).....by the way their fleet(RJS) is not considerable at all......and if youd done your homework you would know that Horizon had to dump quite a few of those RJS into frontiers lap(another story)....because of the costs associated with running them as compared to their fleet of 400s.....

We can debate until the cows come home...my point was merely that a company like Horizon runs a fleet of 400,s and does it very well...they run RJ,s to compliment the fleet and are very careful how they intergrate these A/C and their use...... the truth is that if Horizon could have pulled out of the RJ leases ...they would have...Frontier came to the rescue.....their "considerable fleet" as you call it is made up of Dash200/400,s.....that is their bread and butter......that is their $$$$$$$$$$

A regional fleet of 400,s in kiwi,would and is the wisest and most economical choice.....ask Continental airlines what the think of their fleet of RJS......THEY HAVE A USE,BUT ITS VERY LIMITED.....the costs of running RJS and 400,s is no comparison

Is USAirways complaining about them...YES WE ARE!!!!!!!..Ifly the A321 for them.....and the cost of operating the fleet of RJ,S of all our feeder fleets is through the roof.....our mgt has constantly complained of their costs compared tp our 737/319 fleet.....they have less seats and cost about the same to operate...why the hell do you thing weve ordered the E-190,s......and not more RJS.....(your a little out of your depth here)....I,d add a few other comments...but its xmas,and I wish you and all yours the best for the new year.....if you are a pilot???(airline)fly safe!

Last edited by pakeha-boy; 4th Dec 2007 at 20:59.