PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 4th Dec 2007, 20:30
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only base my judgement on the evidence. Give me the evidence and I am happy to reconsider.

On the whole IR issue, the IMCR was introduced nearly 50 years ago. At that time IR students could entirely self study, a class 2 medical with the requirements concerning eye sight and hearing was good enough, and importantly a "self improver" route was available to all.

AOPA has presided over that all going in the last ten years or so until today when the next step will be the loss of the IMCR. Their efforts to tinker with the IR is nothing more than window dressing a rating that is of no interest to private pilots what so ever.

What has AOPA done over the last 10 years?

Point out a single achievement in the tide of making instrument flying less and less accessable to the private pilot?

Do let us know how many IRs were issued to private pilots last year in the UK?

Do let us know the percentage of IRs here compared with the States?

Why does AOPA not point out what a farce this is? Why doesnt AOPA publish the stats?

Sad to say at least it would be very very difficult to achieve any less, so at least I can be certain I will not do any worse.

I know you think because you are now on the block that will change - but it worries me that you are so concerned with achieving somethng, that the odd crumb EASA might hand you will be heralded as a major achievement.

You people just dont seem to understand what the pilot community is telling you - anything short of an FAA style private IR is of as much value as doing nothing.

Losing the IMCR in the process will move this from a disaster to an unmitigated disaster.