PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 4th Dec 2007, 14:44
Sir George Cayley

Anyone asked the "Campaign..." what they think?

I understand Graham Forbes has been elevated from Head of FCL at the Big Grey Building to higher things, and that there's a new person in his old desk on the ground floor.

Would it not be worth asking the CAA what their stance on this is? I can't beleive they will just shrug shoulders.

As no NPA has been issued yet by Cologne, we (yes, us and them) will still have a chance to influence the shape of the legislation. MDM032 was highly modified by a number of amendments, many of which were supported by our regulator. Or so my man at the PFA .. sorry LAA told me.

Can't a similar situation be envisaged? EASA will only deal with National Aviation Authorities or representative Governing Bodies or Unions, hence the recent formation of the EFLEVA (www.efleva.eu )

I wholeheartedly support the retention of the IMCR and the NPPL for that matter, and I'll be having a word with my man about it pronto. But, just to reiterate, it's as much the approach to this and how it's put over to EASA that will get results as names on a petition.

Sir George Cayley