PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 14:20
click

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, I was looking for something else in the forum and unearthed this tidbit. IP that's quite a lot of writing you put in there but I'd hate to pee your cornflakes..most of it is BS. Tarjet and FD are bang on...now let's mention some of the inaccuracies..DEC from Fischer was a classic union screw over...but conforming to the rules. Sort of in czech where the wolf eats and the goat stays whole if you know what I mean. The procedure was to hire the guys immediately and give them unpaid leave which allowed them to be on the seniority list. Few months down the road, when no one was any wiser, there was a selection for Capt. Since the first qualified applicants were way down on the list, no one questioned the process. It was only after walking down the hallway and seeing four stripers that I;ve never seen before that we figured out we were had. Legal? Yes. Moral?...probably not. So, in fact we never had Direct entry Captains, we just had Captains that were on unpaid leave as FO's until such position became available.
Second, the psych test is being done by a female psychologist who I highly doubt would even consider doing it in other languages. The other tests are all in Czech...two weeks ago was the first time we ever gave a test in English and that was done for a native US pilot who took the time to learn Czech but couldn't read in Czech fast enough to complete it in time. Click 4 sky is a marketing tool, nothing to do with splitting CSA into subdivisions. All pilots on the seniority list would flowthrough anyhow in case it did subdivide so there is no incentive to do that now anyway.
What does ICAO have to do with forcing people to speak Czech on the flight deck???? We have several non-czech speakers already working here and they get on quite well thank you..as a matter of fact, I look forward to flying with them to break the monotony and our CAA has no problems with that as English is the language officially spoken on the flight deck.
The other stuff, well, we don't get any food vouchers, any car repair garage here charges more than a hooker for an hour...CSA will definitely NOT NOT NOT pay you while you do you conversions. You come here with a TR but a different licence then you get time to convert. You screw up, then you don't meet the qualifications for being a pilot at CSA and they will drop you like a hot potato... The CAA is good enough that they stay within the normal parameters, not like a long time ago where their decision was arbitrary with no recourse. The pay...well let's not talk about that...50% of EU average. Wish I had more time but gotta go, IP don't take it personally and I am glad that someone is trying to help out. Airline pirate think about if you really want to give up a known lifestyle for the wild wild east europe.
click (had the handle long before CSA thought of click4sky)