PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Tips?
Thread: Circuit Tips?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2007, 11:20
tigerbatics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds good sense to me llanfairpg. Times might have changed but when I learned in 1976 check lists were very frowned upon and only checks relevant to the particular machine were included in any pre -landing scan.

It seems today there is desire to include in basic training a universal ritual intended to be applicable to all machines. I really think this is wrong.

How is this supposed to translate to post qualification flying? Always go through some sort of pantomime or what? My flying time is overwhelmingly in Pitts, Stampes and Tigers. There are no relevant checks so am I expected to imagine I am flying something else and perhaps pretend to lower the undercarriage, change to a fuel tank I don't have etc??.

It is very clear from this forum that everyone's attitudes are formed by their own type of flying and particular experience. In my case my experience is very deep but also very very narrow so it is interesting to hear what others think when the 'common ground' of circuits and landing is concerned.