PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 4th Dec 2007, 10:20
Eden99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawke eye

Generally hawkeye, i don't disagree about much of what you have just said.

I attended todays FAAA meeting...... MM and SR are cabin crew.... but they are also very experienced in terms of industrial issues.

MM has done 7 EBA's and SR 2. I know the current FAAA officials fairly well, MM has had more EBA experience than many Industrial Officers in most unions.

Reed and Mijatov have clearly vast and detailed industrial knowledge, way above a professional flight attendant who just flies. Perhaps i know much more about them than you...... i also know that QF regards them as very competent.

What is also a matter of fact that the FAAA under MM has delivered two of our best EBA's ( 7 and now 8).

At todays meeting it was clearly stated that the EBA document will be available shortly. The FAAA wants to brief people in detail , rather than waiting before the actual document is completed by the FAAA and QF.

Im certain that giving a document that is more than 100 pages , before actually explaining the changes isn't going to be beneficial to the vast majority of crew, who often don't even read a single page newsletter.