PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 4th Dec 2007, 10:08
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defcon 4

Thats right we havent seen the document, All we have had is our FAAA officials tell us how good it is.

No offence but we have had previous officials tell us the same thing.

It was the current officials who so roundly criticised former officials for exactly the same thing and now they wonder why we are skeptical when we havent seen the document.
The former officials did release their document before the last eba. I think MM had something to do with that.
We need the document not just a biased viewpoint. As they say the devil is in the detail. When do we see the document?

By the way its these sort of discussions on here which is what eba discussion is all about. Guardian with due respect i dont think any on here pretend to be an expert. While that is said defcon i wouldnt call our flight attendant union officials expert either. Like us they are professional flight attendants having a go doing their best, they ae NOT experts and we have found out in the past that the Company is. Remember hindsight wont help us if we havent covered all the loop holes.

There is no such hing as a stupid question. There is such a thing as arrogance for those who cant look at alternatives or admit they may have made a slight error and consider the possibilty because of their own ego.

Imagine how many different historical battles might have had different outcomes because a leader realised an error of judgement in the middle of a battle and corrected it.
Im not saying one has been made here but i would feel comfortable if we had that sort of open minded.flexibility and intellect in our FAAA leadership. lets hope we have.
With continued references to former officials it appears his migh be more about ego rather than substance.