PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP SAVE GA IN THE UK - Save the IMCR
Old 4th Dec 2007, 09:38
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have to fight for what is achievable. Reading what has been said it seems that national ratings will go - we should not be wasting time arguing for something which is not achievable in the current legal structure
I think there is a significant danger in that line of argument.

It is simply that the IMCR will go as part of early implementation of legislation but will not be "replaced" in a hurry, or at all, with a "simplified" IR.

History would seem to predicate that there is not an appetite for a simplified IR.

Personally, I think this would be a very wise alternative and I wish Bose and AOPA very well in their quest.

EASA has a mission statement:

"Our mission is to promote the highest common standards of safety and environmental protection in civil aviation."

The abolition of the IMCR hardly promotes safety, especially if it is not replaced with an alternative. Moreover, arguable for those with an IMCR already adequate for their purpose withdrawing their existing rights without offering an immediate alternative is contrary to EASAs mission.