PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Tips?
Thread: Circuit Tips?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 20:35
llanfairpg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American check lists are designed to protect the manufacturer in the event of litigation. Mine are based on best practice, although I have never been CFI of the year( or month). Noticably as cliams increased so did the length of checklists

Published pre-landing checks are based on returning to an aerodrome after an en route flight not repetive circuit and landings.

Continually checking things that do not need checking shows lack of understanding and rigid rule book mentality both have little to do with airmanship and good judgement.

By the way to keep this on subject.

The best way to do anything is to do as simple as possible.

Ive seen instructors brief and conduct circuit training as if it was a military exercise, why? I am more intersted in the checks that you do on the ground than in the circuit. I could miss all of the checks mentioned above in all the posts and still fly safe circuits.

I should add that when I started instructing I worked for a school that had monsterous checks some need all the downwind leg to carry out the checks and all of that time was spent with the stude looking in = complete madness. Lookout the window and keep it simple

Last edited by llanfairpg; 3rd Dec 2007 at 20:48.