PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 16:51
Bogey_Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF pilot recruitment question (from a wannabe)

Firstly, I hope I致e posted this in the correct forum. Initially I considered posting in the Military Aircrew forum but reasoned, although this question is aimed at them, I should post in the wannabes forum in the hope that they also browse here. If I致e posted this question in the wrong section, I apologise.

To cut a long and boring story short, my dilemma is this. My dream is to be a pilot in the RAF but, more realistically, I want the privilege of being allowed the chance to tread the long and difficult path of being selected. The problem is, by the time my qualifications meet the initial criteria required before I知 eligible to be even considered, I知 going to be 23 years old (another 2 months and I値l be 24). As I understand it, pilot recruiting age is 17.5-23. It appears I知 already cutting it extremely close. Now taking into account the time taken for initial testing, interviews etc, things are looking even bleaker. Am I too old?

I know I should have done all of this 2-3 years ago but my story is a complex one. The bottom line is, I知 willing to invest as much money/blood/sweat/tears as I possibly can. I知 determined to do my best for the chance, for the consideration but I知 not getting any younger.
I approached the RAF today with this but due to the specific and unusual nature of my question, I have to make further arrangements to speak to someone within the RAF who is better able to answer it. Which I will but I thought I壇 also throw the question at the pilots of this forum in the hope that they can shed more light onto the problem.

Will I be considered or shall I break out the pipe and slippers?

I've tried to keep this as brief as possible. Any help (preferably with my question and not the use of my written English in this post) is very, very appreciated.

cheers,