PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 16:24
Inspector Clueless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Really?

So,erm let me get this right Fruity & Co as I think I am missing something.

If you were sat next to an airliner that appeared to your professional eye,in weather conditions that you deemed a relevant concern,to be contaminated-you would pass no comment?

So-if you experienced windshear on approach or departure for example,you would say nothing also as presumably the commander will have telepathy to assit him in the event no-one else does?

A polite riposte may be in order-but I think LTDs comments were designed to prevent not provoke.

3 years ago in FRA-I was sat opposite a C-17 at the holding point of 18 in steady snow,we waited 15 mins or so for our turn to be sprayed,the C-17 elected to "give it a go"-we had a grand view of his upper surfaces and let them know they were covered before they blasted off into the murk.

He replied that they were "inside the holdover-but thanks anyway"

Lufthansa then also piped up-and with a pause,the C-17 vacated the runway and were re-done behind us.

Flight safety is no place for political correctness-unless of course your parked next to "Teddy Bear Air"

IC