PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 16:03
LightTwin Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think I have to agree with Fruitbat and my understanding of his point of view.

To claim to have the full understanding of any investigations the Iberia crew have already conducted is arrogant and thoroughly unproffessional to attempt to name and shame them here. As you say at no time did you see any tech crew check his aircraft this doesnt mean it didnt happen. Indeed I would hope you were concentrating on your own aircraft and procedures. You were unsure whether he was sufficiently deiced and you voiced your concern, fair enough, good call even. BUt thats where it ends. He is the Captain of his aircraft its his decision, to assume a lack of professionalism because you disagree with that is wrong especially when not party to any discussions held in a cockpit you were not in.

As for comments that although he made it back safely doesnt mean it was the right decision, I'm afraid we have to assume it does. We cannot start offering what ifs and buts to justify our arguements based on no knowledge other than that placed here by someone who may be miffed that he looked stupid on the radio when he was ignored.

I'm sorry,but you are talking utter bollox.

It is airmanship,pure and simple.

ATC tried to drop hints that he was the only aircraft not deicing,we tried to tell him.

It's a no-brainer.If you have any deposits on the upper wing surfaces,you deice.This guy was COVERED in snow,and it was falling continuously and moderately.

So you'd rather we not speak up and watch as 300 punters plough into the sea !!

As to concentrating on our own aircraft,we were but nothing more could be done whilst we waited for our own deicing rigs to eventually turn up.

We weren't made to look stupid on the radio-if you think trying to help out a fellow professional pilot made me look stupid,then I guess you need to work hard at your homework to get on in this world.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with the usual PPrune sados.

It may be wrong for me to post up here about this guy,but for him to ignore all advice/hits/warnings from other aviators and ATC is bloody disgraceful and dangerous.

Bye.