PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 15:13
LightTwin Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day, its the Captains decision. He made a decision based on what he could see and using his expereince and company procedures. It's not really your place to start questioning his professionalism behind his back with ATC or indeed on this forum. I doubt every decision you make is perfect either.

If his company procedure allow him to take off with his upper wings COVERED in moderate deposits of snow,then I'm damn glad I never have to fly with IB.

I didn't question his professionalism behind his back with ATC.

I merely mentioned that he had a serious need to deice when he said he didn't-which he ignored.

At no time after the snow had started did we see any tech crew come outside and look at the airframe -and we were parked at an angle to him so we could literally see the whole left side of his aircraft.

I told ATC,after he had pushed because I was seriously concerned for his passenger's safety,which is more than he was.

If ANY other pilot passed a comment concerning my aeroplane,I would always check it out,as we all make mistakes.

To ignore this AND then to have to convince ATC 3 times that he didn't need de-icing was beyond belief.