PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 13:41
whatever6719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defcon
You probably are sincere in your post about "domestics being the losers" and not just trying to wind us up. I dont know how you think we "lose" by soley flying within Australia. Thats the thing I find a little hard to stomach sometimes when you lh crew assume anything less than 14 plus hours on the one flight is somehow not worthy and beneath you. Even Peg747 sprouted something before about lh cc being "infinitely more experienced in a range of skills than most short haul crew given the length of flights and scenarios blah blah blah" Honestly, at that point, i thought id heard it all. Not to take anything away from lh at all but im sure even you have to appreciate the different range of scenarios we at short haul come across when we do 4 leg days (which include 4 boardings/demos/services/the various checks and procedures we have to follow, etc etc). If that doesnt expose a flight attendant to a huge array of scenarios and test their skills then nothing would. And this can be repeated a numer of times a week if that flight attendant chooses to bid for them.
I really do not want to turn this into a boring slanging match between sh and lh because its been done to death. Im only just trying to bring just a little bit of balance cause i think its needed here. Ive said it before in earlier posts that im glad lh are getting back something that has been theirs in the past. It is just and right. But can we just show a little respect
to each other cause we all know how quickly things can change in this company.
Anyway, rant over, happy flying to all!