PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building - South Africa??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2007, 13:22
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it very hard to understand why you would want to spend a lot more money than you would in the UK if hours building is the objective.

As stated the C172 is a two seater at that that altitude so I will use a C152 as a UK example.

The cost of the aircraft is £65 wet, the cheapest airline ticket I could find on expidia was £661 (air france via CDG) so the cost over two weeks and 40 hours flying is £81.52, and that is without hotels and food etc add say £25 a day for very basic accomodation and food and you are up at £91.27/hour.

You would be unwise to not have travel insurance at about £40 per visit.
I shall leave the inssurance out of the calculations for that chancers on the forum!

In the UK you can get a C152 for £40/hour dry, by the time that you add ALL the costs it will run out at about £73.10/hour and about £6 /hour cheaper if you fly abroad.

I can't understand why you would want to spend £18.17/hour more (that's £726 more for the 40 hour package) if hours building is the aim of the game.
After all most people need about 100 hours of hours building and the saving of flying in the UK over 100 hours (£1815) would likley go a long way to paying for some thing that is essential........... like an MCC course.